Generally we do not recommend linking to external sites. However if you feel it could be helpful please ensure that the website you are linking to is not offensive, private or an indication to your identity. If you are unsure, ‘Ask a Wall Guide’.
To add a link:
- Highlight the word (text) in your TA that you would like to link. You can highlight the word by double clicking on it.
- Click on the button showing a chain. This will bring up a small box that says ‘Insert/edit Link’.
- Go to the webpage you want to link to and highlight the url (web page address), which is in the address bar at the top of the page.
- Copy (ctrl + c) the url.
- Go back to the ‘Insert/edit Link’ box and paste (ctrl v) the url into the bar that says ‘Link url’.
- Click the ‘Insert’ button and this should link the word in your TA to the webpage of your choice.
Ok, it may look complicated here, but after you’ve done it once, it’s quite simple.